[gmx-users] Re: g_analyze

bharat gupta bharat.85.monu at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 10:06:07 CET 2013

In addition to my previous question, I have another question about
g_analyze. When I used the hbond.xvg file to get the average and plotted
the average.xvg file I found that the average value is round 4 to 5
according to the graph. But g_analyze in its final calculation gives 7.150
as the average values... Here's the link for the graph and result of
average value calculated by g_analyze :-

                                  std. dev.    relative deviation of
                       standard       ---------   cumulants from those of
set      average       deviation      sqrt(n-1)   a Gaussian distribition
                                                      cum. 3   cum. 4
SS1  * 7.150740e+00 *  8.803173e-01   1.760635e-02       0.062    0.163
SS2   1.490604e+00   1.164761e+00   2.329523e-02       0.495    0.153

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1vqixenyerha7qq/115-water.png

Here's the  link hbond.xvg file and its averaged file
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4n0m47o3mrjn3o8/hbond_115-water.xvg