[gmx-users] help about logfile

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 11 14:01:58 CET 2013

On 11/11/13 5:04 AM, guozhicheng222 wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am confusing with the output file (.log) about the sample frequency
> (frames) in my simulation. The average information in .log file is
> 'Statistics over 300001 steps using 3001 frames' where nstxout =4000 and
> nstlog =4000. While, 'Statistics over 300001 steps using 20001 frames',
> appeared in .log file, where nstxout =15 and nstlog =15. In my opinion, the
> former sample frequency should be 75 frames rather than 3001 frames and the
> latter is right. I want to know how can I control the sample frequency,
> arbitrarily.

Check to make sure you set nstlog correctly in the first run.  Look for the
value in the .log file itself.  It is highly unlikely that something so
fundamental and simple is being executed incorrectly in one run, but correctly
in another.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy