[gmx-users] installation error under openSuse 12.2

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 11 17:33:05 CET 2013

On 11/11/13 11:27 AM, kolnkempff wrote:
> Dear gmx-users,
>
> I am trying to install gromacs-4.6.3 on an older Dell that is running
> openSuse 12.2
>
> Using "DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON" failed for me so to get through cmake I had
> to compile fftw from scratch and I followed the recommendation of going
> directly to their website.  Now I am at the make stage and get the following
> message:
>
>   [ 67%] Built target gmxfftw
> make[2]: *** No rule to make target
> `//home/koln/bin/gromacs-4.6.3/build/src/contrib/fftw/gmxfftw-prefix/lib/libfftw3f.a',
> needed by `src/gmxlib/libgmx.so.8'.  Stop.
> make[1]: *** [src/gmxlib/CMakeFiles/gmx.dir/all] Error 2
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>

> When I check for libfftw, I get:
>
> koln at linux-5bim:~/bin/gromacs-4.6.3/build2> rpm -qf /usr/lib/libfftw3f.*
> libfftw3-3-32bit-3.3.2-1.1.2.x86_64
>
> Any suggestions for how to get past this obstacle would be greatly
> appreciated!

Are you building in a clean installation directory?  It looks to me that cmake
is still trying to build the internal FFTW code, rather than looking for your
manually installed FFTW.  Providing your full cmake command would also be very
useful (hint: always provide it).

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy