[gmx-users] Re: Restarting a simulation after replacing an empty md.trr file

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 12 18:13:36 CET 2013

On 11/12/13 12:07 PM, arunjones wrote:
> Thank you Sir,
> initially i was running on 60 threads, now i changed it to 100. simulation
> is running with out any error, but i found a note in the log file as fallows
>
>    #nodes mismatch,
>      current program: 100
>      checkpoint file: 60
>
>    #PME-nodes mismatch,
>      current program: -1
>      checkpoint file: 12
>
> Gromacs binary or parallel settings not identical to previous run.
> Continuation is exact, but is not guaranteed to be binary identical.
>
> Initializing Domain Decomposition on 100 nodes
>

> is it a good idea to continue or shall i stick with 60 threads.

Like I said, I think it is a bad idea to switch settings haphazardly during the
run.  As the note indicates, the continuation is exact, but not binary
identical.  Check the website for what all that means if you're not sure.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601