[gmx-users] Change in the positon of structural Zinc and calcium ions during MD

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 12 18:59:06 CET 2013

On 11/12/13 12:35 PM, Rama wrote:

> Hi Gromacs users,
>
> I'm doing protein-Bilayer MD simulations. Enzyme contains structural zinc
> and calcium ions during Energy minimization, NVT and NPT stage, ions are
> changing there position even though I applied position restraints for the
> atoms and ions.
>
> Anyone could help me out.

If the atoms are moving drastically, then the position restraints aren't taking
effect, either because they haven't been invoked or they are insufficient.
Without your full .mdp file and relevant topology snippets, there's no real way
to know.  You can check the .log files, too - if there is not an energy
component corresponding to position restraints, they haven't been activated.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601