[gmx-users] How to construct mixed lipid bilayer

rajat desikan rajatdesikan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 15:01:15 CET 2013

Hi Nikhil,
The first step would be to determine what forcefield you are going to use
for the lipids. If you are going to use Charmm or Slipids, you can use
charmmgui (just google it). If you are planning to use the Gromos
forcefields, you can check Prof. Tieleman's website or lipidbook for pure
bilayers and then build your own from scratch using packmol...

Hope this helps...

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 6:44 PM, Nikhil Agrawal <nikhil.08oct at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> can anyone tell me how to construct mixed lipid bilayer in gromacs
>
> id possible also provide me the command to construct the mixed bilayer
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Nikhil
> * Please search the archive at

Rajat Desikan (Ph.D Scholar)
Prof. K. Ganapathy Ayappa's Lab (no 13),
Dept. of Chemical Engineering,
Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore