[gmx-users] How to construct mixed lipid bilayer (Björn Sommer)

Björn Sommer bjoern at CELLmicrocosmos.org
Sat Nov 16 23:30:03 CET 2013

Am 13.11.2013 14:51, schrieb gmx-users-request at gromacs.org:
> Message: 4
> Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 18:44:08 +0530
> From: Nikhil Agrawal<nikhil.08oct at gmail.com>
> Subject: [gmx-users] How to construct mixed lipid bilayer
> To:gmx-users at gromacs.org
>
> Dear All,
>
> can anyone tell me how to construct mixed lipid bilayer in gromacs
>
> id possible also provide me the command to construct the mixed bilayer
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Nikhil

[Second try, my first mail seems to got lost due to mailing list migration]

Dear Nikhil,

especially for heterogeneous bilayers our MembraneEditor was developed,
you can download it here:

http://Cm2.CELLmicrocosmos.org

It is Java Webstart, so it is quite easy to use and install, but you can
also download the source code in the forum.

Here you find some videos about how to use it:

http://cellmicrocosmos.org/index.php/videos

We also use it with Gromacs. There is no pre-euqilibration done in the
MembraneEditor. But we never needed it, because the equilibration with
Gromacs works very good.

If you have further question, just let me know. A new version with a
number of improvements is coming during the next month!

Best wishes,
Björn