[gmx-users] simulated annealing

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Nov 17 02:33:14 CET 2013

Please use a descriptive subject line.

On 11/16/13 8:14 PM, Raghunath Satpathy wrote:

> is it necessary to heat and cool protein in simulated annealing ? i wanna to check thermostability by md simulation only by increasing temp (without cooling ) in many picoseconds , is it possible to get good result ? pls reply soon

What is "necessary" depends on what you are trying to achieve.  See what others
do in the literature and develop a protocol based on what seems sensible.  For
thermostability assessments, I don't see any immediate need to cycle
temperatures up and down.  Simple heating could be perfectly reasonable.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601