[gmx-users] GROMACS-4.6.3 CUDA version on multiple nodes each having 2 GPUs

Prajapati, Jigneshkumar Dahyabhai j.prajapati at jacobs-university.de
Mon Nov 18 12:08:07 CET 2013

Hi Carsten,

Thanks for reply. Everything is working fine on single node. The problem starts when I move to two nodes.

I have tried with the option that you have mentioned earlier and this is the error I got ,
mpirun -np 4 mdrun

mismatching number of PP MPI processes and GPUs per node.
mdrun was started with 4 PP MPI processes per node, but only 2 GPUs were detected.

Likewise, I have tried many options and on many occasions job runs but without using GPUs on second node . More specifically, my problem is when I use two nodes each having two GPU cards, GROMACS detects GPUs on first node only. It fails to detect GPU cards on second node (check the em.log file in attachments). I am not sure what is the reason. Please let me know if I could try something else.

Thank you.

-Jignesh