[gmx-users] how to pull both side

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:38:13 CET 2013

On 11/17/13 8:48 AM, Tom wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> Can gromacs pull both sides (end) of a body way?
> for example pulling two end of a cylinder unitl it breaks.
>
> I knew Gromacs can pull two bodies (A and B) objects away.
>
> Can someone inform about this functionality of pulling (both
> sides/end of a same body)?

You can specify multiple pull groups (pull_group[12]) and no reference group
(pull_group0), but I have no idea if that will work.  Otherwise, you could
specify pull_group0 as the COM of the cylinder, and pull_group[12] as the ends.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601