[gmx-users] energy minimization erorr

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Mon Nov 18 18:39:59 CET 2013

On 11/18/13 2:36 AM, Archana Sonawani-Jagtap wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am simulating a peptide in TFE-water system. I am getting following error:
> 1 particles communicated to PME node 4 are more than 2/3 times the
> cut-off out o f the domain decomposition cell of their charge group in
> dimension x.
> This usually means that your system is not well equilibrated.
>
> below is my em.mdp file
>
> integrator      = steep
> emtol           = 1000.0
> emstep      = 0.01
> nsteps          = 50000
> nstlist         = 1
> ns_type         = grid
> rlist           = 1.2
> coulombtype     = PME
> rcoloumb        = 1.2
> rvdw            = 1.2
> pbc             = xyz
>
> Please help me. Why this error has ocurred and what parameter should I
> change to resolve it.

Likely the cutoffs are simply wrong, but you haven't said what the force field
is.  The other possible sources of problems during EM are (1) bad topology or
(2) unreasonable starting configuration.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601