[gmx-users] gromacs 4.6.4 version - nvt equilibration error

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 19 15:11:01 CET 2013

On 11/19/13 9:01 AM, MUSYOKA THOMMAS wrote:
> Hi Vsharma
> Try this mdrun -v -deffnm nvt

That's exactly what the command was.  The command itself is not the problem.

I have seen disk space errors come up under two circumstances not actually
related to disk space: (1) file system blips and (2) crashes.  Is the error
reproducible?  That is, did it happen once or multiple times?  If the former,
it's probably just a file system blip.  If the latter, does it happen at the
same step in the simulation each time?  Does the simulation run for a while and
produce any other useful diagnostic output to the .log file or stderr that
indicates a crash?

-Justin

> cheers
>

> On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM, <vsharma at imtech.res.in> wrote:
>

>> hell all ..
>>
>> i am trying to simulate 414 aa long protein
>>
>> i am getting following error on giving command for NVT equilibrations:
>> COMMAND : MDRUN -DEFFNM NVT -V
>>
>> ERROR:
>> File input/output error:
>> Cannot write trajectory frame; maybe you are out of disk space?
>>
>> i have gromacs 4.6.4 version, 12.04 ubuntu, 7.9GiB memory and 976 GB
>> Disk space, i am simulating 414aa long protein for 10ns.
>>
>> i have confirmed working status for my parameter files as with gromacs
>> 4.5.5, dynamics are working properly.
>>
>> i doubt, if there are some issues with gromacs 4.6.4 version
>>
>> any help
>>
>> --
>> VANDNA
>> JRF
>> C/O Dr. Girish Sahni
>> Protein Science lab
>> Phone No. 0172-2690830
>> Institurte of Microbial Technology (IMTech)
>> Sector -39A, Chandigarh,160036
>>
>> --
>>
>> * Please search the archive at
>> posting!