[gmx-users] sufficient time for simulation

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 21 20:10:47 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM, Ehsan Sadeghi <esa38 at sfu.ca> wrote:

> Thanks Justin. Do you know any good reference to give me an idea about the
> simulation time based on my parameters of interest?

If you're looking for a review or something, I doubt it exists, but if
anyone knows of anything, hopefully they will speak up.  Like I said, the
time required depends on what you're dealing with.  Side chain rotations
are fast (fs - ps), domain motions are slow (us - ms), lipid dynamics fall
in between, etc.  Consult the literature for similar systems to yours and
see what others do, and think about the biology/chemistry/physics inherent
to your system.

Postdoctoral Fellow

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy