[gmx-users] parallelization of processors on single system/node using MPI

Richa Singh richa.s.rathorerr at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 11:26:25 CET 2013

Hi all,

I'm working on a single server with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2660
processors. Each processor has 8C/16T, so total 16C/32T.

I want to utilize both the processors for my simulation, thread MPI/
multithreading doesn't work as I'm doing calculations using plumed
patch which supports the use of only 1 thread, resulting in a very
poor performance.

Can I use MPI with GROMACS-4.6.x version on single server/machine so
that my simulation utilizes both the processors and the performance
gets improved?

if yes, please tell how can I do that?

regards
Richa