[gmx-users] AMBER99sb-ILDN force field and TIP4P water model

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 28 16:25:09 CET 2013

On 11/28/13 10:13 AM, Mohsen Ramezanpour wrote:
> Dear Justin
> I meant modifying  .top  file after adding some ions and water molecules
> which could be equivalent to -p option as you mentioned.
> What do you think about this?

That would be one possible solution, but it is not yet clear what the OP has
done or failed to do correctly.  One does not need to make manual modifications
if -p has properly been used with genbox and genion.  The fact that the
coordinate file specifies fewer atoms than the topology suggests that perhaps
the wrong water coordinates were used (e.g. a 3-point model instead of a 4-point
model), as would happen if one follows tutorials too literally and specifies
genbox -cs spc216.gro instead of -cs tip4p.gro.

Many things could be wrong.  The OP needs to provide more details so we can stop
guessing and arrive at a solution.

-Justin