[gmx-users] Charge correction PME

Benrezkallah Djamila benrezkallah at gmail.com
Sat Nov 30 17:14:36 CET 2013

Dear gmx_users,
 My question is about the coulomb LR contribution with PME, I can't access
to david's original post treating this subject in the mailing list (
http://www.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2002-May/001455.html) if it
exists, because some links are disabled.If any one can send me the page?
I'm working on a protein in explicit solvent (water) at different
concentration of salt (NaCl).I need to calculate coulomb LR energy
interaction between some residues and Cl-/Na+.
 My question is :should I turn off the charge correction ( when calculating
electrostatics for no neutral system),and how to do it? or it has a small
contribution to the energy, and I have no worry about it.

I hope find answers in your replies.

respectively,
Djamila Benrezkallah
University of Oran