[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling - no PMF plateau

Brian Yoo Brian.S.Yoo.12 at nd.edu
Tue Aug 5 17:04:24 CEST 2014

Hi Steven,

I've run into a similar issue with CG simulations using tabulated
potentials. For my system it turns out the continuous increase in PMF was
due to the system "freezing" for some unknown reason. Once I annealed the
system (~500 K) and messed around with the temperature coupling, the system
unfroze, and I was eventually able to obtain the correct plateau in the PMF
curve.

Have you checked some of your configurations to see whether your system
shows unphysical ordering? (I am assuming you are using an explicit
solvent.)

Hope this helps,
Brian