[gmx-users] Dihedral Restrain Syntax 4.6

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Aug 14 16:10:34 CEST 2014

On 8/14/14, 10:02 AM, Johnny Lu wrote:
> I forget to mention that in the alanine dipeptide topol.top that I made, I
> tried:
> [ dihedral_restraints ]
>    12 11 13 15 1 1 90 0 2000.0 1
> #endif
>
> but,
> Program grompp, VERSION 4.6.5
> Source code file: /build/buildd/gromacs-4.6.5/src/kernel/toppush.c, line:
> 1914
>
> Fatal error:
> Incorrect number of parameters - found 5, expected 3 or 6 for Dih. Rest..

Manual section 4.3.3 and Table 5.5 allude to the proper usage, though admittedly
I see that Table 5.5 is incorrect, as it is missing the value of k.

Going into the code, the proper syntax is to specify the four atoms to be
restrained and phi, dphi, k as the 3 parameters that the fatal error suggests.
I don't know what function type to set, probably just 1.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore