[gmx-users] Extending simulation problem.

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 22 14:51:29 CEST 2014

On 8/22/14, 8:49 AM, Dawid das wrote:
> Can you just have a quick look at this?
> When I run:
> tpbconv -s npt-md.tpr -extend 95000 -o npt-md.tpr
>
> to extend simulation by 95 ns this time I got this message at the end:
>
> Extending remaining runtime of by 95000 ps (now 50000000 steps)
> Writing statusfile with starting step          0 and length   50000000
> steps...
>                                   time      0.000 and length 100000.000 ps
>

> So it looks like new status file is written and it says that simulation
> will start from the very beginning or did I misunderstand something?
> However when I check state.cpt with gmxdump it looks fine:
>
> step = 2500000
> t = 5000.000000

All of this is expected.  Using tpbconv doesn't change the start time of the
.tpr file.  It says "the new .tpr file has a new number of steps" and the
starting step is determined by the use of a checkpoint file on the mdrun command
line.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601