[gmx-users] Pressure coupling with stochastic integrator for triclinic box

Haiyang Zhang haiyang.logan.zhang at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 10:57:01 CEST 2014

On Tue, Aug 26, 2014 at 4:34 PM, Mark Abraham <mark.j.abraham at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's hard to help without actual details of your P-R settings and GROMACS
> version!

Pcoupl                     = Parrinello-rahman
Pcoupltype               = anisotropic
tau_p                       = 15
compressibility          = 4.5e-5 4.5e-5 4.5e-5 4.5e-5 0 0
ref_p                         = 1 1 1 1 0 0

GROMACS version: 4.5.5

Do things work with non-stochastic integrators?

For anisotropic, I have turned on/off off-diagonal pressure components. The
best setting is listed above. Using this setup with a normal md integrator,
I got a pressure of -1 +/- 2716 bar, which seems OK.

However, for SD integrator, P is 80 +/- 3405 bar. When turning off all
off-diagonal components, P is 13 +/- 3520 bar. If using isotropic PR with
SD, P is 15 +/- 3516. All the simulations were done for 5 ns.

Thank you very much.