[gmx-users] SSE4 → AVX2

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 15:08:11 CEST 2014

Naturally. It depends how much of your time is worth GROMACS running faster
on this machine, of course :-) If you're going to run a simulation for a
month, then an hour working out how to get the latest gcc for your ubuntu
version gets you your result several days sooner. Using AVX_256 probably
gets you a week earlier. YMMV. If you're just doing a tutorial, forget it
:-)

Mark