[gmx-users] GPU and MPI

Da-Wei Li lidawei at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 16:52:24 CEST 2014

Dear Carsten

Thanks for the clarification. Here it is my benchmark for a small protein
system (18k atoms).

(1) 1 node (12 cores/node, no GPU):   50 ns/day
(2) 2 nodes (12 cores/node, no GPU): 80 ns/day
(3) 1 node (12 cores/node, 2 K40 GPUs/node): 100 ns/day
(4) 2 nodes (12 cores/node, 2 K40 GPUs/node): 40 ns/day

I send out this question because the benchmark 4 above is very suspicious.
But I agree size of my system may play a role.

best,

dawei