[gmx-users] bennet acceptance ratio

Ahmet yıldırım ahmedo047 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:33:33 CET 2014

Hi,

Maybe Justin can respond my questions!

I think g_bar uses two equations when it calculate free energy?

1) First equation: To calculate free energy difference between two states,
which equation does g_bar? It uses Delta_F=-kBTln(Uj/Ui), right? Where
Delta_F:Free energy difference between two states, kB:Boltzman constant,
T:Temperature, Ui:Potential energy of the real/starting system,
Uj:Potential energy of final system

2.) Second equation:Then why does g_bar  the equation 4 in Schirts' paper
"An Introduction to Best Practices in Free Energy Calculations"?

Thanks in advance