[gmx-users] Simulating Multiple Solute Particles

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 4 13:45:52 CET 2014

On 11/4/14 12:45 AM, Nathan K Houtz wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. However, I'm still confused. I thought that the command:
>
> #include "oplsaa.ff/tip3p.itp"
>
> is a call to the opls-aa force field. If this is not the correct way to include the force field parameters, how should I do that?

That line does not call a force field, it calls a topology for TIP3P, which
makes use of OPLS-AA parameters (well, more correctly TIP3P parameters as
translated into OPLS-AA atom types and functional form).  Your options are
either (1) #include "oplsaa.ff/forcefield.itp" at the start of the topology and
remove the [defaults] directive in your TETR topology or (2) translate TIP3P
into atom types that are self-contained in your topology.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore