[gmx-users] Charmm to gromacs conversion for lipids

Venkat Reddy venkat4bt at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 16:23:46 CET 2014

Dear Justin,
While processing the lipid file using grompp, there was an error:

ERROR 1 [file chl1.itp, line 938]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 2 [file chl1.itp, line 939]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 3 [file chl1.itp, line 940]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 4 [file chl1.itp, line 942]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 5 [file chl1.itp, line 944]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 6 [file chl1.itp, line 945]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 7 [file chl1.itp, line 946]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 8 [file chl1.itp, line 947]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 9 [file chl1.itp, line 948]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 10 [file chl1.itp, line 949]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 11 [file chl1.itp, line 956]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

ERROR 12 [file chl1.itp, line 959]:
  No default Proper Dih. types

I quickly went through the itp file and found atom types CEL1 and CTL1 as a
part of dihedral are troubling. I have checked the parent rtf file for the
dihedral definition of these atoms. The dihedral was defined as

 C3 C4 C5 C10 1.5367 111.70 54.04 115.09 1.5304

How to mention this information in ffbonded.itp?

Thank you for your valuable time.