[gmx-users] Pressure Question

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 16:47:48 CET 2014

Hi,

Note that using the Berendsen thermostat in Gromacs adds defects for no
gain, compared with the Bussi v-rescale thermostat. The latter *is*
Berendsen, plus a stochastic term that produces the right energy and
velocity distributions (unlike Berendsen). I'd give serious consideration
to rejecting a paper that used Gromacs and the Berendsen thermostat,
particularly if they did not discuss why the known defects of Berendsen
were acceptable for their work.

Mark