[gmx-users] Avg. Volume in NPT by Small Coupling Time

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 17:12:24 CET 2014

Assume sampling is sufficient in all stages of simulations.

Will the berendsen barostat with this coupling constant give both the
correct average volume and correct average pressure? (despite the
distribution is not canonical)
Will that average pressure change when I switch to NVT ensemble?

Can I switch to NVT directly (without doing a NPT with PR barostat) for a
while, and then finally go to NVE production run?
(a nature communication paper did that, but didn't report the barostat
coupling constant they used in the NPT simulation.)