[gmx-users] Umbrella sampling ignore hydrogen command -ignh

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Nov 6 23:55:48 CET 2014

On 11/6/14 4:53 PM, Chris Papamitrou wrote:
> I am trying to perform a simulation regarding the effect that hydration has
> on tensile response for my system.  When i looked into the umbrella
> sampling tutorial it said to create a start file using the
>
> pdb2gmx -f input.pdb -ignh -ter -o complex.gro
>
> command and was wondering what effect that the -ignh option had on my
> simulated results?  do the hydrogens
> not get accounted for in this simulation, and if so, how are the
> atomic bonds in which the hydrogens are
> supposed to be located treated in terms of replacing those hydrogens?
> does this mean i am doing a
> united atom model ?

Start with pdb2gmx -h.  The -ignh has a very simple purpose, and it's used
mostly for working around nomenclature issues.

Whether or not you use a united-atom force field is entirely up to you, based on
what you choose.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629