[gmx-users] How rigid piston works in gromacs.

Sushma Yadav sushchem at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 13:04:56 CET 2014

Dear gmx-users,

I have a question regarding pressure applied in GROMACS. I want to apply
pressure in my system containing a graphene nanopore membrane at the
center, immersed in water.
I have read an article where they have written
"*A rigid piston initially placed at z = 10 Å slowly pushes the solution
toward the membrane under 500 MPa*"
in
J. Chem. Phys. 141, 18C528 (2014)
 named "Transport behavior of water molecules through two-dimensional
nanopores."
http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/jcp/141/18/10.1063/1.4898075 .

I don't know how this rigid piston at a particular position(say, here 10 Å)
being kept in gromacs (means, How being incorporated in .mdp file) to vary
a range of pressure.
I will be happy if I can know how this pressure application works in
gromacs, as I have never applied pressure in any of the system earlier.

*Thanks,*

*With Best regards*