[gmx-users] Discrepancy in a single point energy simulation between Gromacs and Namd.

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 18:15:09 CET 2014

Hi,

Best practice for single-points is here
http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Single-Point_Energy, but you
are fortunately avoiding most of the issues by not using constraints.

Last time someone reported a discrepancy like this (AMBER, IIRC) there was
a difference in the way the two codes were shifting the non-bonded
potential to be zero at the cutoff. Your .mdp forces Gromacs to use no
shifts, but I don't know whether you have done so for NAMD, if it is needed
and/or possible. You can try coulomb_modifier = potential-shift.

Mark

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 5:45 PM, IÑIGO SAENZ <inigo.saenz01 at estudiant.upf.edu