[gmx-users] Installing GROMACS 4.6.7 on Intel Cluster

Agnivo Gosai agnivogromacs14 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 20:21:12 CET 2014

Dear Users

I have tried installing both versions 4.6.5 and 4.6.7 in the Intel cluster
at my university. I have tried with both Intel compilers as well as GNU
compilers. During installation I have checked that Cmake is automatically
detecting Openmp and AVX 256.

Also , I keep -DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON. However , still at the last step of
make install I am getting the following error :-

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
what():  std::bad_alloc
make: *** [install] Aborted

I searched in the web but could not find such an error associated with
GROMACS installation.

Then I separately tried installing "mdrun" only from version 4.6.5 and I
could do that. I also checked that it operates as follows :- ./mdrun.

However I need to install the full package.

Kindly help with suggestions.