[gmx-users] Installing GROMACS 4.6.7 on Intel Cluster

Agnivo Gosai agnivogromacs14 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 01:12:53 CET 2014

Dr. Szilard :

Yes , firstly I move inside the unzipped gromacs-4.6.5 folder then I create
a build directory , then I run the cmake .. commands in the terminal. I
follow the installation guide.

As cmake 2.6.4 is installed in the root of the cluster and I need cmake 2.8
, so I installed it in this directory :-

/work/gb_lab/agosai/GROMACS/cmake-2.8.11/bin

And this is the path to the gromacs-4.6.5 build directory :

/work/gb_lab/agosai/GROMACS/gromacs-4.6.5/build

This is my last installation command :

/work/gb_lab/agosai/GROMACS/cmake-2.8.11/bin/cmake ..
-DGMX_BUILD_OWN_FFTW=ON
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/work/gb_lab/agosai/GROMACS/gromacs-4.6.5
-DCMAKE_C_COMPILER=icc -DCMAKE_CXX_COMPILER=icpc

What do you mean by source tree ? I beg your pardon for my ignorance but I
confess that I am a newcomer in the Linux world.