[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling - Loop Motion

Michael Carter Michael.Carter at icr.ac.uk
Tue Nov 11 12:21:17 CET 2014

Hi,

I am setting up an umbrella sampling simulation to analyse the motion of a loop within my protein system.

I have set it up so that the pull groups are:

1 – the loop (residues 208-14)
2 – the protein (protein)

However, when doing this my conformations which I generate in the md_pull step are very strained. Is this because I am also including the loop in the 2nd pull group (defined as protein)?

Thanks,

Michael

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only.  If the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message from your computer and network.