[gmx-users] How much different run (with posre.itp) from no posre.itp?

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Nov 11 13:29:51 CET 2014

On 11/11/14 12:30 AM, Batdorj Batsaikhan wrote:
> Dear gmx-users,
>
> I run 3 different conformation of a protein. I run 2 of them no posre.itp and another one has posre.itp. How much different these two run?

Impossible to tell.  You've got too many variables - different conformations,
different application of restraints, as well as (presumably) different random
velocities at the outset of each run.  Even if you could control for different
factors, I don't know what you'd hope to learn by comparing such simulations.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore