[gmx-users] Question about "Lysozyme in Water" tutorial by Dr. Lemkul

Smith, Micholas D. smithmd at ornl.gov
Tue Nov 11 14:16:53 CET 2014

Two things to check: First try converting your trajectory to a pdb using trjconv instead of avogadro, as you can taken into account the perodic boundries. Second, ions can behave "oddly" in simulations due to hydration-effects; however, having them all cluster in a location is typically bad, as such  it is a good idea to check that the force-field and water model you are using are compatible with the concentration of ions you are using (typically you don't want to go above 0.5M if you can help it), a quick search in the literature should pull up some papers on this (I seem to have misplaced my copies at the moment).

Micholas Dean Smith, PhD.
Post-doctoral Research Associate
University of Tennessee/Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Center for Molecular Biophysics