[gmx-users] Extra number of bonds created than specified (ZN-CYS)

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 09:50:58 CET 2014

Hi,

You seem to be suggesting that there is an entry in [bonds] that is 4800 to
3368, and three others from that cysteine residue. That's highly
surprising, because this kind of workflow seems like something people
should have tried before... If so, then it would be good to file a report
at http://redmine.gromacs.org with your Gromacs version, input files and
pdb2gmx call, so that we can reproduce it and fix it.

You can of course delete the lines with the spurious [bonds] entry. grompp
might complain if there are [angles] or [dihedrals] related to those, which
you could also delete. You should verify that the final
bonds+angles+dihedrals in the topology are what you think they should be.

Mark