[gmx-users] Equilibration from Non-shifted to Shifted Potential

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 16:39:57 CET 2014

In another mdp file, i specified "vdw-modifier=Potential-shift-Verlet", and
then in the log file, I see the same line "vdw-modifier = Potential-shift",
and I use "cutoff-scheme = Verlet" in all of my simulations.

Since i use rlist=1.3, and verlet-buffer-drift=-1. I guess the line
"vdw-modifier=Potential-shift-Verlet" does nothing different from the
default modifier for me.

Does setting shake-tol affect the simulation, if I use "constraints=none"?

Does setting "ewald_rtol" affect a simulation with "coulombtype = PME" ?