[gmx-users] Umbrella Sampling gromacs 5.0 error

Alexander Law alexander.law at pg.canterbury.ac.nz
Tue Nov 18 05:03:00 CET 2014

Dear vmx-users

I am running through Dr Lemkul's umbrella sampling tutorial and applying this to my own structure. I have problem with the pull simulation command: grompp -f md_pull.mdp -c npt.gro -p topol.top -n index.ndx -t npt.cpt -o pull.tpr

I receive this error message back:

Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'

Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'optimize_fft'

Replacing old mdp entry 'nstxtcout' by 'nstxout-compressed'

ERROR: pull-coord1-groups should have 2 components

WARNING 1 [file md_pull.mdp, line 62]:

  Unknown left-hand 'pull-group0' in parameter file

WARNING 2 [file md_pull.mdp, line 62]:

  Unknown left-hand 'pull-group1' in parameter file

WARNING 3 [file md_pull.mdp, line 62]:

  Unknown left-hand 'pull_rate1' in parameter file

WARNING 4 [file md_pull.mdp, line 62]:

  Unknown left-hand 'pull_k1' in parameter file

NOTE 2 [file md_pull.mdp]:

  With Verlet lists the optimal nstlist is >= 10, with GPUs >= 20. Note

  that with the Verlet scheme, nstlist has no effect on the accuracy of

  your simulation.

NOTE 3 [file md_pull.mdp]:

  nstcomm < nstcalcenergy defeats the purpose of nstcalcenergy, setting

  nstcomm to nstcalcenergy

NOTE 4 [file md_pull.mdp]:

  leapfrog does not yet support Nose-Hoover chains, nhchainlength reset to 1

------------------------------

Fatal error:

Group Protein referenced in the .mdp file was not found in the index file.

Group names must match either [moleculetype] names or custom index group

names, in which case you must supply an index file to the '-n' option

of grompp.

My Index file is set up properly, with force being applied to Chain_A, and Chain_B is my static reference:

0 Chain_B             :  1290 atoms

1 Chain_A             :   110 atoms

The md_pull.mdp remains the same:

; Pull code

pull            = umbrella

pull_geometry   = distance  ; simple distance increase

pull_dim        = N N Y

pull_start      = yes       ; define initial COM distance > 0

pull_ngroups    = 1

pull_group0     = Chain_B

pull_group1     = Chain_A

pull_rate1      = 0.01      ; 0.01 nm per ps = 10 nm per ns

pull_k1         = 1000      ; kJ mol^-1 nm^-2

Any advice on how to treat this problem is appreciated.

Cheers,

Alex

This email may be confidential and subject to legal privilege, it may
not reflect the views of the University of Canterbury, and it is not
guaranteed to be virus free. If you are not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately and erase all copies of the message
and any attachments.

Please refer to http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/emaildisclaimer for more
information.