[gmx-users] DPPC replication error

Priya Das priyadas001 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 09:27:07 CET 2014

Dear Justin,

Sorry to bother you again and again.
I corrected the number of atoms in system1.gro. its completely fine.
Protein is centered in the 512 dppc bilayer with SOL.

But after inflation only 128 lipids are read; even though the protein is
centered.
:   1  :   2    :
: ......*p*.........
: Lipid:     4  :
:..................
After inflate step, protein(*p)* is centered in the box but 1,2,4 are empty
and lipid marked portion is with 128 lipids.

please help

>>> Did you correctly update the second line of system.gro to reflect the
>>> actual number of atoms in the system?  This is the most likely source of
>>> error.
>>>
>>>  #inflate.pl

>>> There should be no obvious quadrants here; the lipids should all be
>>> spread evenly throughout the expanded unit cell.  This observation suggests
>>> that my point above is correct; an incorrectly formatted .gro file has led
>>> to misinterpretation of the contents.
>>>

>>> -Justin
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> Justin A. Lemkul, Ph.D.
>>> Ruth L. Kirschstein NRSA Postdoctoral Fellow
>>>
>>> Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
>>> School of Pharmacy
>>> Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
>>> University of Maryland, Baltimore
>>> 20 Penn St.
>>> Baltimore, MD 21201
>>>
>>> jalemkul at outerbanks.umaryland.edu | (410) 706-7441
>>> http://mackerell.umaryland.edu/~jalemkul

>>> * Please search the archive at
>>> posting!

>>> * For (un)subscribe requests visit

*Let us all join hands to save our " Mother Earth"*