[gmx-users] Question about GPU acceleration

Jernej Zidar jernej.zidar at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 07:13:10 CET 2014

Hi,
  Did you try "playing" around with the number of MPI, thread tasks. I
was actually able to significantly improve the performance.

  Try for example overloading both GPUs like so:
gmx mdrun -v deffnm foo -ntmpi 4 -ntomp 2 -gpu_id 0011
or
gmx mdrun -v deffnm foo -ntmpi 2 -ntomp 4 -gpu_id 01

  Adding "-pin on" and maybe "-npme 0" should help as well.

  You can read more about the performance:
- http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Performance_checklist
- http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/Acceleration_and_parallelization
(this one you might find particularly useful)

Cheers,
Jernej