[gmx-users] Force field for phosphoserine

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 2 17:45:51 CEST 2014

On 10/2/14 8:45 AM, ashish bihani wrote:
> Hello everyone,Has anyone subjected a polypeptide containing a phosphoserine residue to :~$ pdb pdb2gmx ? The program does not recognize serine as it has a phosphorus atom attached to it which is not present in the definition. I am trying to define phosphoserine as a residue (let's say PSER). Can anyone tell me what all files do I need to edit (what kind of data do I need to look for, to be more specific) in order to make the program recognize this new residue ?Thanks in advance for help.Regards,Ashish Bihani

http://www.gromacs.org/Documentation/How-tos/Adding_a_Residue_to_a_Force_Field

Otherwise, find a force field that contains parameters already (most force
fields use "SEP" as phosphoserine, not PSER).

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 601
University of Maryland, Baltimore