[gmx-users] Martini force field - coarse grained protein tutorials

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Oct 2 19:48:04 CEST 2014

On 10/2/14 1:39 PM, David Ackerman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am also attempting to run Martini using version 5 and am getting the same
> two errors with an mdp file that worked (aside from warnings) on version
> 4.6.5. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

It's because the default cutoff scheme has changed.  Since the .mdp file does
not specify a cutoff-scheme, grompp assumes Verlet, so the options given in the
.mdp file trigger errors.  If you specify "cutoff-scheme = group" or otherwise
change the settings to be compatible with Verlet, grompp should work.  The
equivalent options under Verlet are all described on manual.gromacs.org and in
the PDF manual.

-Justin

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy