[gmx-users] can not split pdb beyond 1019

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 19:52:52 CEST 2014

Hi,

Thanks, good report. Unfortunately, someone in prehistoric times
implemented the functionality common to -sep and -split using the or
operator... everywhere except closing the file. So -split will continue
opening files until it runs out of file handles (so later on, files can't
be opened), and maybe accidentally write something to disk, depending how
the OS works. I've uploaded a fix for a future 5.0.x version.

Mark