[gmx-users] Non-integer charges when using scaled-topology files for REST2 simulation.

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Wed Oct 8 09:19:09 CEST 2014

On 2014-10-08 07:00, Abhi Acharya wrote:
> Thank you.
> It seems there is little choice with respect to the non-integer charges, so
> I will try and run the simulations. See if it works for my system.
You will not be able to tell whether "it works" since the concept is
fundamentally flawed. However, using REST all your replica's but one are
non-physical anyway, so if the non-zero charge (NOTE: integer charges
not equal to zero lead to artifacts too) does not occur on the physical
node you may be ok.