[gmx-users] Use NVT to mimic NVE

Michael Shirts mrshirts at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 17:02:53 CEST 2014

> I guess, if I pick a coupling constant that is just small enough to keep the
energy conserved, I would get a NVT simulation that is as close as a NVE
simulation as possible.

> Is this correct?

Yes, but then at that point the thermostat isn't actually thermostatting.
The Bussi comment is merely to show that his thermostat correctly reduces
to Newton's law in the limit, not that it would be useful to run it in that
limit.