[gmx-users] regarding confout.gro

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Oct 14 13:55:39 CEST 2014

On 10/14/14 12:31 AM, RINU KHATTRI wrote:
> hello gromacs user i am working on protein ligand complex with popc membrane
> i am running production md in extended time (40 ns) i got some file i
> am using -noappend option i got confout.gro file in each extended time
> what is the use of this file if i want see my protein or ligand are in
> proper place this confout.gro is sufficient of i  have to see traj
> file

The confout.gro file is simply the last snapshot of the simulation interval.
Whether or not it is reflective of the dynamics during that interval is unknown
without doing analysis and simple visualization.

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore