[gmx-users] MD workstation

Hadházi Ádám hadadam at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 15:35:47 CEST 2014

May I ask why your config is better than e.g.

2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 CPUs (2x$405)
4x GTX 970(4x $330)
1x Z9PE-D8 WS ($449)
64 GB DDR3 ($600)
PSU 1600W, ($250)
standard 2TB 5400rpm drive, ($85)
total: (~$3500)

As for your setup...can I use that 4 nodes in parallel for 1 long
simulation or 1 FEP job? What are the weak points of my workstation?

Best,
Adam