[gmx-users] Not achieving any speedup using Open MPI

Mark Abraham mark.j.abraham at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:09:25 CEST 2014

Hi,

You should only attempt this if the machines running MPI have homogeneous
hardware, otherwise the faster ones just wait for the slower ones. So,
assuming you have two near-identical machines, you can do a diff of the
single-node and dual-node log files and observe what mdrun is probably
complaining about in the two cases.

Mark