[gmx-users] Understanding comments in pdb2gmx output

Johnny Lu johnny.lu128 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 01:29:30 CEST 2014

Does the pdb file have alternative conformations for some side chains or
atoms?

Like a side chain may have 50% chance to be rotated left, and 50% chance to
be rotated right.
The crystallographer recognized these two possibilities, and give each
possibility a 0.5 occupancy.

It may look like

LYSA
LYSB

with A for one conformation, and B for another conformation.