[gmx-users] How to calculate protein-surface interaction energy

Justin Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Oct 19 16:26:15 CEST 2014

On 10/19/14 7:26 AM, James Lord wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> Well, I tried clicking three different things that said download, but every
> one of them tried to download software, spam, or charge me money, so I'm
> going to assume that the files you sent me off-list are the same ones
> you've posted here.  If that's not the case, please find a better place to
> share files.  Google Docs works well.
> Thanks Google Docs  will be used for future.
>
> How many different systems do you have?  You said before you had an
> all-atom surface of polyethylene.  This system is a united-atom layer of
> decane.
>
> I have protein at different liquid-solid interfaces, and I want to have
> interaction energy of all of them.  I think I explained to you in the email
> with attachment why I am sending this (as I have done so many changes to
> protein-PE that I lost track of them)

Well you now have a reference for what "should" work, so hopefully that is
helpful.  If the PE system is giving issues, please provide *those* files so
they can be diagnosed and you can get a solution.  If you're having trouble
keeping track of your own work, it's fairly helpless for anyone else to try ;)

Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences
School of Pharmacy
Health Sciences Facility II, Room 629
University of Maryland, Baltimore